Monday, June 14, 2010

Elf Mini Makeup Kit/Keeping My Summer Tan

Ok, So I decided to knock out two topics at once today. They're both pretty important right now. :-)
So first I'll talk about the "Elf Mini Makeup Kit". Of course, my boyfriend surprised me with it.. But he got it from our local grocery store. It was about $10. Now, Im sure some people have walked past it and thought, "Im not paying for that. That looks like one of those cheapy makeup kits that have eyeshadows that barely show color and the eyeliner and mascara is crappy." That is definitely not the case with Elf Cosmetics. They may be cheap, but that's just because they dont spend so much money on the packaging. My boyfriend got me their master set for christmas that had everything from their $1 line. I fell in love with the makeup brand from their eyeshadows to their tinted moisturizers.

The mini makeup kit is perfect. The eyeshadows are very pigmented and go very well with my brown eyes as well. The eyeliner is very smooth and easy to glide on my eyes. I keep it in my purse for on the go which I realized is so perfect and ideal, especially for the summer since I've been going to the pool. My makeup rubs off and I have to retouch it in the car. :-) So, I definitely think its worth the money.

Next, I want to talk about my tan. I got alot of color going fishing for a whole day. I got alittle sunburned... :-) The next day I looked like a lobster! An easy way to keep your tan is to make sure you're keeping your skin moisturized. I put "Queen Helene's Cocoa Butter Lotion" on everyday when I get out of the shower. It's better to do it when you get out of the shower because you're locking in the moisture. Your skin needs that moisture. I know they sell the after tan lotions. I need to get those soon and see how that works out. :-)

No comments: